Ideally, you should get an average of 8 hours of sleep every night. Although sleeping pills can help you get a better night’s rest, they should be used sparingly.
Fortunately, for a better night’s sleep, there are various alternatives to help you relax. They regulate the work of the body and help you sleep all night.
This tea is calming and soothing and helps reduce anxiety. To sleep better, just drink a cup of this tea, preferably warm.
- 1 tablespoon of chamomile (10 g)
- 1 glass of water (250 ml)
- Boil water, and add chamomile.
- Leave to infuse for 5 minutes, strain, and then drink.
- If you want, you can sweeten it a little with honey.
Chamomile is not only a useful remedy for insomnia. It’s also a great natural remedy for injuries that can also affect your quality and quantity of sleep.
This plant is very useful for fighting insomnia. It will help you have a deep sleep and you will fall asleep faster.
Thanks to its properties, valerian can be energizing when taken throughout the day, or relaxing when taken before bed.
- 1 cup of hot water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of valerian (5 g)
- Pour boiling water over valerian and leave for a few minutes.
- Strain and then drink immediately.
3. Lemon balm
It can be used to make very useful drinks to improve sleep thanks to its properties.
You can drink 2 to 3 glasses a day, except if you are pregnant or nursing. In this case, you should not drink this tea.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon balm (5 g)
- 1 glass of water (250 ml)
- Boil the water. When it boils, add lemon balm.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Strain and drink.
4. Cherry juice
This juice is a natural source of melatonin, the hormone that regulates your sleep cycle. To sleep better and have a more restful sleep, we recommend drinking half a glass (100 ml) of cherry juice in the morning and again in the evening.
This will help you fall asleep faster and sleep longer. It is because it contains a lot of sugar and can cause changes in glucose levels. If you have an active lifestyle, the amount of sugar may not be a problem, but it’s best not to exceed one glass a day.
5. Lavender tea
This tea stimulates relaxation and also lowers blood pressure and heart rate.
These three characteristics make it one of the best natural drinks for a better night’s rest. Drink it for half an hour before going to bed.
- 1 tablespoon of fresh or dried lavender (10 g)
- 2 glasses of water (500 ml)
- Boil the water, then turn off the heat and add the lavender.
- Leave for 5 minutes and strain.
- Drink while it’s warm.
6. Coconut water
This water will help you fall asleep much faster. Drink a glass (200 ml) of coconut water an hour before going to bed.
- This drink is ideal for combating stress caused by insomnia, as well as insomnia due to unhealthy food.
- Try to find coconut water that does not contain preservatives.
Proven tips to sleep better at night
Try to sleep at least 6 hours in a row at night. Although sleep duration can vary depending on your activity and needs, it is important to complete a full sleep cycle each day.
Lack of sleep produces cortisol in the body, which can increase stress levels.
In addition, it increases insulin resistance, which can increase the risk of developing diabetes or other diseases related to its control.
- Create a pleasant atmosphere. Your bedroom should give you a sense of peace. Make sure that the temperature in the room is comfortable and that there is no noise.
- Sleep in comfortable clothes. Soft and light cotton clothes are ideal for sleeping. If the weather calls for warmer fabrics, you can also use them, but try to avoid any discomfort.
- If your daily work interferes with a full sleep cycle, try to make up for the lost hours of sleep. It will also help eliminate fatigue and bags under the eyes.
- Avoid caffeine, sodium, and fat two hours before bed. When you consume these, you become more alert, making it harder to fall asleep.
- Eat dinner that includes vegetables, meat, and some fruit.
- Also, if you add sleep-enhancing drinks to your dinner, it will be easier to fall asleep.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate